Thursday 16 August 2012

Meet the Team (Part 2)

Continuing our unpopular series here are the short ringing bios of the second team to invade the area. Like the first team we are all looking forward to experiencing the area and the birds, and are keen to meet anyone who would like to drop in and see us. We will be with you from late on 17.08 until 27.08....


Fergus

I have been interested in wildlife, especially birds, ever since I was a young boy, living in the highlands of Scotland, where I had the run of a 13,000 acre moorland estate watching Golden Eagles, Peregrines, Hen Harriers, Ringed Plovers, Black Grouse and Ptarmigan.  If I had been a ringer in those days, I would have had one hell of a ringing list!....Read More

Shaun

I have been an amateur naturalist (not to be confused with naturist) from an early age, with birds being my main passion along with the places and environment they inhabit. I spent my childhood growing up on a Sewage Farm in rural Staffordshire where I became especially familiar with the large variety of wading and farmland birds which were so abundant back then, not to mention the giant vegetables which the farm produced!....Read More

Simon

 I have been a wildlife enthusiast since I was a boy, watching birds and butterflies around the Malvern Hills. After wasting vast amounts of time with city life and mortgages, I returned to my old ways to absorb myself in nature conservation around the Malverns. I spend most of my spare time volunteering, especially by being the Malvern butterfly recorder, monitoring at a local nature reserve and recording ancient trees and bumblebees. I scrape a living as an ecological assistant in the summer and a woodsman in the winter....Read More

Stuart

I started ringing when I was 15 and over the next few years became involved in a series of projects studying waders in the UK and abroad. I had a fabulous summer studying breeding waders in Greenland and spent three autumns ringing ‘shorebirds’ in Canada...Read More

Dan

I was interested in birds when I was younger but it was my wife who reintroduced me to them later in life. It was a chance encounter on Scottish island about seven years ago that led to an interest in ringing when we met a group of ringers who happened to be in the cottage next door to us. We spent a large portion of the week's nights with them ringing Storm Petrels and Manx Shearwaters and by the end of the week I was keen to become a ringer....Read More

John 

My name’s John Hodson, I was born in the town of Walsall and don’t recall ever seeing their football team play. I do however remember my dad returning from home matches swearing that he would never visit again, but he must have had something in common with Colin because he still did so until the end. I started bird ringing when still living in Walsall and gained my ‘A’ licence after moving to our present address close to Pershore in Worcestershire in the early 1970’s....Read More



No comments:

Post a Comment