Wednesday 25 July 2012

Meet the Team (Part 1)


If you would like to come along and see some of the ringing you are more than welcome and we would be very happy to see you and show you what it's all about. Below, in no particular order, are short ringing biographies of Team 1 who will be in Norway from 09.08 to 20.08


Colin

I am married with 2 grown up children and 2 grandchildren. I have held a ringing licence since the early 70s, so you will have worked out that I’m pretty old. To make matters worse I am a season ticket holder for one of the worst football teams in the English Football League One—Walsall Football Club—or ‘Walsall nil’ as we prefer to call them....Read more

Chris

I first became interested in ringing in the 1970s at Attenborough Nature Reserve, near Nottingham where I helped out the ringing group at the reserve.   Work and family commitments took priority for several years until I started ringing again in the early 1990s....Read more

Dave

I am married with a grown up son and have been ringing for over 20 years. In that time I have ringed in Russia, Kazakhstan, Canada, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal and Gibraltar. Having an understanding wife helps a great deal [or one who wants me out of the house and from under her  feet – never worked out which !!]....Read more

Lee

Hi I am 51, married with 4 children, 1 grand child and one on the way. I have many interests, some obscure, some are not, they will have to be explained another time. My interest in birds began early on in life where bird watching was the ‘normal’ thing to do. I then chanced on a ringing leaflet by the BTO and from then on, started to become active in this weird and wonderful pastime....Read more

Paul

I am a ringer from the cultured south of the UK and my interests lie in photography and choral music as well as being a bird ringer with an A permit.  Home ringing territory is the coppiced areas of the lovely Pamber Forest in Hampshire....Read more 

Glynn

Hi, I’m Glynn Middleton, and I’ve been ringing for about 15 years now, having first got the ‘bug’ on a tiny remote, mosquito infested Scottish island catching Storm Petrels....Read more

Phil

I'm Philip Shearwood (to the taxman) Phil, to my friends.  I'm married, to Linda, and have been for  ....I started ringing with Pete Bache who is responsible for all I know (all my mistakes are my own).  So after thirty something years I regard myself as experienced but not expert....Read more

Moira

It is only in the last couple of years, since my retirement, that I’ve become involved with bird ringing. While bird watching on my local patch, Belvide reservoir, I came across the Brewood Ringing group....Read more


2 comments:

  1. Any chance of adjusting the settings so that I can follow this blog? Look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,
    Aas this is our first foray in to the blogosphere which settings do you mean? Happy to help if you let us know...

    ReplyDelete